Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gardening

Two weekends ago, Mike and I thought it was high time we tackle our yard a little. I took the front and weeded like a mad woman! I am so proud of my job, I kept thinking of how proud my mother (who always wanted me to help her weed, and I grummbled about it) will be of my gardening. I also transfered plants and planted a few new ones, as well as trimed a few bushes! Mike took on the greuling task of tearing down the garden fence in the backyard. When we bought our house it came with a fenced in garden area. At first I was super excited about this, I love fresh garden veggies! Well the first year we planted in there (after having to try and tackle the rampent weeds from neglect in previous years) we had it all, and I was proud.... well that turned out to be a really big dissapointing bust, want to know why? DEER! Those bloody buggers run wild and everywhere around our neighborhood (in the city even) and they jumped our fence! They ate all my tomatos, green beans, peas, kohlrabi (love love love these) and other things. Needless to say I was heart broken and ticked! So that was when I was pregnant with Evelyn and the last year we were just too busy with a new baby, and this garden was too big, it would have been a full time job just to weed and care for the thing! So the fence started going bad and the weeds were crazy so we decided it was stupid to have this garden we can't do anything with! SO we (mostly Mike) ripped it all down! :) See pictures below. We are now going to plant some grass there and I think we might invest in one of those pop up type pools. We are still working on getting our grass nice and weed free, but that is a lot of work too! Here are some pictures of Evelyn helping me garden in the front! and before and after of Mike's big tear-down.



This is one of those iron planter-pot holder things, well it is a bike so Evelyn thought she could ride it! hahaha!

This is a bit blurry but shows her funny little attempt at riding the planter holder!

Backyard with the big fenced in garden area, not the best picture to show the garden, but you can kind-of see the giant size of the thing.

Backyard with fence ripped down. Doesn't the yard look so much bigger?
 
I am so proud of my gardening work! Couldn't have done it without my wonderful MIL's help! :)

Still have to plant in the planter but Evelyn isn't trying to ride in it anymore! :)

 

1 comment:

  1. that is hilarious - i LOVE the photo of evie in the "bike"!

    ReplyDelete