Friday, November 1, 2013

BBS update!

Well we have officially made it to November!  BBS, just like his sister, is all to comfortable in the womb... darn, I must make way too nice of a home! :) My cousin who was due a few days ahead of me, had her baby boy on the 29th. Yay! it was a surprise, so we are happy that BBS has a little boy buddy on the Rettler side of the family!

Last night at my doctor appointment the doctor could hear BBS's heartbeat up on the top half of my tummy, so just from that we know he is still pretty high up there! But this is all ok, cause he is coming out on Tuesday for sure, and really I have been feeling pretty good the last week or so, so I shouldn't complain! So we are just a mere 4 days away from meeting BBS and giving him a name! :) I have been reading a lot of advice blogs about bringing home a second child, and the changes, challenges, and what to expect type things... I am prepared for the worst, and hoping for the best! All that advice reading could drive you crazy too, I don't know how people follow a lot of the advice out there, there are so many conflicting opinions! That is why I seem to always default to the instincts... my love for these babies of mine will guide my way! :)

I have been informed (lovingly?!?) from my sister and husband, that I don't think like a normal person, I think like a scientist in all things... (I guess I am just crazy) Anyway, I have determined that through my scientific training and maybe I was like this through life, but I like to be able to predict the outcome of an experiment... and really life is a big experiment isn't it? So this experiment that has been cooking for the last 39 weeks, is about to yield it's results. Other than the fact that there will be a small human joining the forces of the world, I don't know how to predict the outcome of the up coming changes... and this realization is difficult for me. Sure, sure, we know baby will eat, sleep, poo, pee, all that good stuff, but the real experiment is how will Evelyn handle this?!? How will mommy and daddy do with 2? How will mommy survive with little sleep again (yes, I like my sleep, I am a nicer person with it!)? Will the confidence of having survived the 1st really help with the 2nd? Will this experiment result in no additional similar experiments (aka, will there be more future baby Schilters?)? These are all outcomes of this life experiment that I would like to have answers to, or at least logical predictions... but I just can't do it. I am facing the music, and heading into this great unknown! :) I am hopeful, and I know I have people I can ask for help, so overall I know we will turn out ok (alive, really that is the main goal). Clearly I am very excited and anxious for what the next few days, weeks and months of our lives will bring, it is uncharted territory for us, and it will sure be one heck of an experiment! Stay tuned for results!! :)

Lots of love to you all, and think of us Tuesday morning, probably around the 7:30-8ish time frame... that is when Surgery will be.  I might try to throw in a couple more blogs before that but in case not, wish us luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. One more day and another chapter of the Mike & Kala's life story will begin. It will be a great chapter to write about in the days/years to come. It will all work out, you have a great support system and love to help you through this wonderful new chapter.

    ReplyDelete