Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Quality time with your spouse.

Well now that Michael and I have two wonderful children. Our time together is often not really us together, it is tending to the children and getting them a snack or juice or one of us is in the bathroom while our kids shower for an hour (yes we have weird children that love the water)! :) So I am very thankful for our time together and try to make it the best!

We aren't the greatest at setting time aside for the two of us. We are super fortunate that we can drive to work together and we will often get lunch together, so I know we are a ton better/ more fortunate than others, but I wanted to do something MORE once. When Mike and I were married 6 years ago, we never did a honeymoon!! :( I was in graduate school and in the middle of the qualifying exam (very stressful and key stepping stone for the rest of my graduate schooling) so it just got put off, and then we were buying a house, and getting a dog, and pregnant with Evelyn, so it just never happened!! :(

I was always insistent with Michael that I wanted very VERY badly to go on a tropical vacation with him, and wasn't apposed to others joining us, I just wanted to do that, and hey we aren't getting any younger. So it was decided we would FINALLY do it, and Mike was sick of me asking!! SO the time is almost here for me to take my tropical vacation!! :) YAY!! I am so excited I can't even describe it! At the end of January, we will be traveling to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic!! :) YAY!! So my countdown is getting lower we are at 44 days to wait!! YAY!! :) So to rub it in to those not joining us, here is where I am dreaming about!!!! :)

Look at that beautiful beach!! Can't wait to dig my toes in that sand!

you can bet I will spend almost 100% of the time in that pool next to that bar!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Not fair, I want to put my toes in the sand, drink margaritas, get tan, sleep by the pool and relax in the warm summer breeze......:( cs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Good for you guys - you'll have a blast!!!! It's great to take time for each other and make it a priority. The more connected you are as husband/wife, the better parents you'll be - at least that's what works for Mark and I... :) Glad to see you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete