Sunday, January 8, 2012

Birthday weekend

SO this weekend was great! They always seem too fast these days, but that is life I guess! Yesterday it was my birthday and I turned 27! exciting right! :) Well I never make too much of a deal of my birthday, but yesterday it happened to be my Father's side of the family's big Christmas party (about 60 people attend!). It was a great way to spend my birthday I could not have done anything better! :) I am truly blessed with such amazing family members, my immediate family, extended families, and my family in law, we have such great family ties it is truly wonderful!!

This weekend also brought me a feeling of a little sadness because my baby is getting so big and so much smarter, she amazes me. For example, she started to play with her little baby dolls in a really "grown up" way, she was cradling them, hugging them, walking them in her stroller, giving the dolly her pacifier, and putting the baby in a blanket. I was so amazed and asked Mike where the heck she learned that from, he thought it was from us and just the way we care for her. I don't know, but the fact that she is really really starting to put things together and make sense of her little world amazes me. She is definitely getting older which makes me a little sad. However, I still got to take a nap with her today on our lazy Sunday, those moments are so precious to me! I love my life and my wonderful little family. SO I thought I would share some family pictures we took over the last year. Enjoy! :)

This was our very first family picture right after Evelyn was born and our first professional family picture, Evelyn was just 3 weeks old.

I know the pictures to the left are not really a whole picture, but we took them when the Packers were making their playoff run for their super bowl winning season last year, we were so happy that Evelyn was alive when there was a super bowl winning Packer team, and now they will repeat this year (my prediction). The picture to the right is a nice self portrait, we tried to get Indy in too but it didn't work, this was from mid March.

Picture on the left is our 6 month photo shoot with McManigal, I really love this one and we have a big canvas of it! On the right is another family picture here it is 4th of July and we are out on Donna & Bruce's pontoon, enjoying the lake!

The left picture is from a family wedding we attended in September, we had such a great time. On the right is our most recent family picture from early December. I love our family! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!

    I love reading your blog, and love to see all the photos. You're such a pro already and have only been at it a week or so. Way to go! :)

    Did you see I gave you a mention on my blog? p.s. Did you start sharing this with the fam yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie!! It was a great Birthday as you can see! :)

    I am liking the blogging, so now to just come up with new and interesting things to blog about! :)

    I did see your mention, and thank you! I was just about to send out an email to people. I hope people enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete