Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Favorite things!

If you didn't know, I am a huge, I mean huge, popcorn fan! Seriously I could eat popcorn for meals. Actually my whole entire family loves popcorn, it is pretty great. My brother and sister in law always make a roasting pan full of popcorn for themselves and the kids when they are watching movies. My sister and my neice eat popcorn for dinner sometimes (when my neice won't eat anything else). AND my dad even has a big bowl that my sister in law made that says grandpa on it and then there are little bowls for each of his grandkids with their names on, isn't that the cutest? So with my 'genetic' love for popcorn it should come as no surprise that I eat it often too! :) There are all sorts of popcorn out there (personally microwave bags don't count for me cause they are icky!), flavors for the popcorn (I just like butter and salt) and I know people really like movie theater, but I think it is 'eehh'. The best hands down popcorn is on the stovetop with a little butter and salt!! I have a few of the turn-handle type stovetop poppers, and I love them! Now with the kernals there are all kinds of those too! The gourmet ones are pretty good... not amazing, the funny thing is, the best corn (and super cheap) is the fleet and farm brand, mmmm! However my mother in law knows I love popcorn and she spoils me and gets me 'Ladyfinger popcorn' which is made by the Valley Popcorn Company out of Neenah, Wi. IT IS AWESOME! This popcorn is virtully hulless and light and tastey! mmm, I want to go make some as I write this! So last time I made some I took some pictures to share with you one of my favorite things! Enjoy, and come on over for my delicious popcorn, Mike, Indy, and Evelyn love it too! :)




MMMM! I want to eat some just looking at it!! :)


4 comments:

  1. I want some popcorn....that looks so good and you make it so good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come over for popcorn any time! :) Well I am assuming this is Chris or CS, but you don't sign your comments so I don't know... I think you need to make a profile so I know who it is... random strangers could comment and then I would assume they are you and invite them over! sheesh! :) hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Ooh that looks good! Salty and hulless - I'm in! :)

    p.s. Have you ever tried/heard of Palo Popcorn (made in Plymouth, Mary Kay told me about it). It's excellent too! However, I think it only comes bagged and already popped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard or tried that... well if it is popcorn I am willing to try it! :) if it is popped then it is less work for me! :) You will have to tell Mary Kay to get some for me! I really love Oke-doke cheese popcorn too... so I am not against all bagged, more like the microwave bagged kinds are the ones I don't like.

      Delete