Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What we have been up to....

Well our house has been busy busy, as usual! I convinced my wonderful husband to let me get a swimming pool!! :) it is just one of those smaller intex ones, but it is 15ft wide and about 3&1/2 ft deep, so adults are able to have fun and lounge around in it!! So two weekends ago we were pretty busy with that and getting it up and leveled and all that good stuff.  Also went out to a movie with friends and drinks after on our deck... had the cops called on us, yeah we had 5 people sitting and chatting, drinking some drinks and smoking cigars on the deck while listening to my ipad (volume like 3/4) and we had the cops called on us!! I felt bad for the cops cause I really think they were almost embarrassed that they had to come to such a quite noise disturbance!! :) hahaha!

All last week we were cleaning cleaning. We always like to say we like to have parties at our house cause it makes us clean up more, and we did, so that was nice, almost like a little spring/summer cleaning! The house looks great! We tackled different rooms on the week nights together (yes I love my wonderful husband who cleans as much if not more than me, we really are a team!). We did all this cleaning cause we had our 4th annual family golf outing! It was a blast! We had 28 golfers (new record) and golfed 18 holes at hon-e-kor golf course in Kewaskum and then had everyone over to our house after for a cook out and drinks and a little swimming in our new pool! It was super fun! Then Sunday we had my parents and Mike's mom over for some steak for fathers day, it was yummy and we had some more swimming, just what I always wanted, a summer full of swimming in the back yard pool! :)

It is now Wednesday and I am writing this from work, cause well Monday I was working hard at home finishing a poster for a presentation I am giving at The 10th International Conference on Zebrafish Development and Genetics. Yep, so I am going to a conference in Madison tonight through Sunday. So I was not able to get any posts done earlier cause I was finishing my poster and then packing and hanging out with my little girl, I think this is the longest I will be away from her yet... I was a little sad this morning dropping her off, but she did give me lots of kisses and some hugs! She melts my heart, I love that little person so much, it is amazing how much a parent can love their child.

OK well that is an update on our life. I promise that either Sunday night or early next week I will get up some more posts and more importantly some pictures of these fun activities!! :) Have a great rest of the week and weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment