Monday, July 22, 2013

Remembering Grandma Dian

Well the time has come for my Grandma Dian to leave this earthly home and join the others in her family up in heaven. Grandma Dian passed away this passed Saturday, early in the morning with loved ones around her including my aunt, my mom, and my sister right by her side. She then proceeded to put a smile on her face, which I am told is not really a normal thing for people to do as they pass away. I am not even kidding, she had a down right smirk on her face. I think she looked more like herself in those minutes after than she had the whole week prior. She is in a better place. She is with many of her loved ones. She is no longer suffering, or coping with her severe anemia. I am happy, sad cause I will miss her, but happy that she is at peace and back with my grandpa, my uncle Jim, grandma's mom and dad, her sister, her brother, and also a good friend of her's that passed away. One of the daughters of my grandparents really close friends, ones they spent a lot of time with when they were young families, she said there was going to be a great game of sheepshead in heave on Saturday night! Isn't that great?!? I can just imagine her being welcomed in and all the love, and them having a game of sheepshead! Puts a smile on my face! :)

I always knew that my grandma was such a loving woman, she was an AMAZING grandma to me and had the biggest heart in the world! When she passed, there has been such an outpouring of love and respect for my grandma, she has touched so many people outside of her large family, I am just in awe of what a wonderful woman she really was! And we haven't even had her funeral! I am sure I will continue to be in awe of this great woman, and I can only hope to aspire to be half the amazing mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother she was! I know she will continue to guide me and love me, and show me how to be the best I can be. For now I have to just practice feeling her presence and seeing the signs she provides me! Love you love you Grandma Dian! :)


Grandma Dian with Mike and I at our wedding

My parents and Grandma Dian meeting Evelyn

Stop by Grammy Dian for Evelyn to spend some time (Evelyn 3 months)

At Cousin Jili's 1st communion (Evelyn 4 months)

Evelyn's Baptism

Four generations of mothers and daughters! so much love! :)

Grandma's 78th birthday party this April. We look so happy! Love you love you grandma!



1 comment:

  1. Grandma Dian will always be a part of your you. She is most likely having an old fashion, playing cards and watching you with love.

    ReplyDelete