Monday, October 7, 2013

Sorry! things lately...

So I guess I am a big liar. I said I would post more often, but look at me, not posting more! UGH! I am a jerk! Sorry to any loyal followers (if there are any out there).

Ok, so in the life of the Schilters lately... We have been organizing things in our house, pulling things out of storage (baby stuff, and new season/size hand-me-downs for Evelyn), trying to get rid of stuff to good will (I am a bit of a pack-rat, I always think I could use it later... Mike is helping me 'see the error of my ways').

Also doing odd unexpected things, like learning to drywall and tile in our bathroom which had a hole and rotten drywall!! (lucky we have a shower downstairs or we would be really smelly! :) ). And everyone in the house with nasty stuffy noses and coughs that collectively lasted about 2 and a half weeks! :(

We also had a strange case of mysterious bug bites. Yes, I am ashamed and embarrassed to say it, but we had bugs in our house... still not 100% sure what they were (not bed bugs). The problem was mostly with me, since I have such an abundance of sweet delicious blood (thanks pregnancy) I woke up with bites all over my legs, arms, back and tummy even! At first I thought it was spiders, cause they were in clustered little lines, but then we thought not, and saw no evidence of spiders. We found a total of 5 tiny little brown bug guys over the course of like 4 days (only 5?), our best guess is that they were fleas, but that doesn't add up cause they were not on Indy our dog (choice food, right?), and Mike had no bites, Evelyn had a few (yes she was sleeping in our bed while sick, so I could monitor her breathing/coughing). Anyway bed sheet washing everyday for a few days, washing every article of clothing in our room and excessive vacuuming of the room and living room area must have taken care of the mysterious bugs... cause knock on wood, there have been no more bug bites, or evidence of bugs. Well actually mosquitoes decided to feast on my delicious pregnancy blood this last weekend... so alas, I am itchy again! :)

I will write another post soon about update on BBS, only 4 weeks away! YIKES! :)

Unexpected bathroom drywall and tile project! I don't think I like tile!

1 comment:

  1. I can now see the difference in the bathroom and how I can tell the difference of where you took them off and put them back on. Good job. Glad to hear the bugs are gone. Less than a month before BBS is here. GaGa can't wait to meet him. Love GaGa

    ReplyDelete