Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Birthday Thankfulness!

Well today is my birthday, YAY! :) I find birthdays weird... some people make a really big deal of them, and some don't. I guess I usually fall on the side of not making a big deal of them. I am feeling different lately, not that I need to have a big party all the time or anything, but I am happy to be here on this earth another year (I am young not in real danger of death, but bad things do happen...)! None the less, I am very happy, thankful, and pleased with my 29 years! I can honestly say I would not change a thing!

Lately I have been feeling so blessed and thankful, it is probably due to the addition of William to our family. Believe me when I say that the ease in which I conceived, carried, and delivered, as well as his first few weeks are not lived and remembered without great thankfulness and feelings of being blessed and fortunate. I am very aware of the many various struggles that many couples face in all stages of becoming parents, and I am so very thankful for my two wonderful, beautiful, healthy children! I am in awe of the wonders that my life has become, and I enjoy marveling in it, and taking it all in.

Sometimes when it is a famous person's birthday, people ask what you have done in your life in comparison. For example it was just LeBron James's 29th birthday (yeah he is 8 days older than me!), people were saying 'LeBron is 29 today, what have you done with your life?' Well I feel people should not sell themselves short, and I definitely do not! I am very very proud of all I have accomplished in my 29 years! Happily married (most days! :) ), two beautiful children, wonderful supportive loving extended family, a home, food on the table, warmth in my home, clean water to drink, I earned my PhD, and I have a career that I enjoy... I am blessed in so many ways, and I recognize that I might not be famous with amazing athletic talent, but I worked for what I have and I am actively making my wonderful life what is important to me.

Some might say I am 'lucky' and I don't like that, the only thing that is truly lucky for me is being born to my wonderful parents, that was truly lucky and I had no impact in that decision. The rest of my life if referred to as lucky, bothers me. I prefer to think of the 'luck' in my life like my brother says, 'luck is when opportunity meets preparation'. So for this last year of my 20s I want to finish this wonderful decade off with a bang, and continue to go out and get the things I want in life. I will make this year great, and I know it will prove to be another wonderful year in the life of Kala! :) Then we will have to wait and see what the 30s bring, I have so much life left (I hope it is healthy and long) it is an exciting future to imagine! :)


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your last year of the 20's can't wait to see what it brings. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete