Thursday, August 1, 2013

BBS due early November! Part 2

Ok, well last I left off with Indy our pregnancy detecting dog. So from there, things were pretty normal, I did not really have any morning sickness (just like Evelyn, thankfully) although with both pregnancies I always get very hungry in the morning... almost nauseous hungry. Once I even gagged myself brushing my teeth, but that was the complete worst of it.

So this might be amusing, I know my one good friend totally thought I was crazy, but I did notice some 'signs' or whatever you want to call it, that made Mike and I think 'hey, this might be a boy'.  So first thing I saw was an increase in acne or pimples... I felt like I was a 14 year old boy or something... I think I was getting more pimples with this pregnancy then I did when I start puberty! My doctor even said she does see that more when women are pregnant with boys. My good friend who had a boy, thought this was silly and a total old wives tale. Be that what it may, that is what I noticed. Also I felt like I had more 'whiskers' growing... ok so we are animals after all, and it is normal for us to have hair on our body and women also unfortunately can get some rather longer hairs on their face and chin, much to our dislike... well that is what I noticed, thankfully I have blondish body hair so my little whiskers were not that noticeable, but I noticed an increase in these whiskers! :)  So these signs happened early in the pregnancy!! So right off the bat Mike and I thought maybe we were going to have a boy! :)

Other than that, my pregnancy with #2 was not too different. I was (still am too) tired, maybe slightly more tired since I have a little one already to wear me out and I still obviously have to take care of her... but I can go to sleep at the same time as her and I have no guilt and I don't care if it makes me 'old' I like and NEED my sleep! :) I started to feel those nasty round ligament pains that are low down or under your uterus (my friend Matt hates when us girls talk about our uteri, so it makes me giggle to even type it!) those pains stink. I also felt like I did start to show (well at least to me) earlier. This time I definitely did not want to, or should I say was not as excited to get into maternity clothes, so much so that my pants/bottoms supply is dangerously low right now and all maternity bottoms are ticking me off! :)

One of the maybe the greatest things about pregnancy with a #2 or probably all subsequent babies after #1 is that you can feel the baby earlier!! :) That really is the coolest thing! SO I am a person that feels like being pregnant is very surreal, and I am always saying 'are you sure I am pregnant' probably for like the whole first half of both of these pregnancies! I see and hear the baby at the doctor, but it isn't till you really feel him or her that it sets in for me, that WOW, I am growing a little human! Amazing! :) So it might be crazy but I did think I might have even felt a somersault as early as 14 weeks this time! But I really started to feel him regularly at 18 weeks and he is one active little guy! :)

Ok stay tuned for part 3 which I will talk about the guilt I have felt with pregnancy #2 and part 4 I will talk about finding out baby's gender.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete